Located at the side of the Matlock Walhalla Road at GR 427354 and shown on the Mt Gregory 1:25,000 map
The history of this hut is unknown but it may have been built to support road construction in the 1920's. Now regularly used by AAWT walkers who have pitched their tents inside in bad weather.
Sawn wooden frame and iron walls and roof. There was once a wooden floor, but this is now rapidly disappearing. An iron fireplace stands in parts at one end.
- Craig Doubleday - pers comms
Profile last updated 21 January 2006.