Located on the Howqua Track at Howqua. Buller South map GR426841.
Also known as Kelly's Howqua Hut.
Constable Kirby and RG Kelly both applied for a permissive occupancy here, at the same time in 1959, to build a fishing hut. He passed ownership to an engineer, Thomas Loaring. He died in 1975 and his family managed to retain it until 1980.
The department used it to house workers who were removing weeds such as blackberries. Reputedly, it was burnt down and rebuilt quite recently.
Gabled iron roof with skillion veranda.
Caretakers - none known.
- Butler Pp16 -17
- Hueneke and Magnussen - none.
Profile updated 26 September 2003.